School Library Media Program Mission StatementThis Library/Media curriculum was developed integrating NJ State Core Content Curriculum Standards and the Information Literacy Standards for Student Learning as published by the American Library Association (ALA).
Included are the ALA Library Bill of Rights, Springfield Township School District Media Center/Library Policy, Roles of the Library Media Specialist, Curriculum for Library/Media K-6.
School Library Media Program Mission Statement
The mission of the school library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission will be accomplished in the following manner:
- provide access to materials in all formats.
- stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas.
- collaborate with other educators to meet the learning needs of individual students.
- incorporate and support the goals and objectives of the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards, and the National Information Literacy Standards for Student Learning in our classroom activities.
- prepare students with information and technology skills necessary to access materials and resources to meet their current and lifelong educational, personal, and recreational needs.