1.Children unpack, check-in at the Smartboard and make a lunch choice. They will have an activity to do to "jump start" their day.
2. Morning Meeting-Building a community of learners. Four components: greeting, sharing, activity, news & announcements. Calendar activities and discuss the day's schedule.
3. Word Study-letters, sounds, rhyming, syllables, POPCORN words, blending letters to form words, blends, word families.
4. Shared Reading-Read poems together. Work on specific skills such as rhyming words, syllables (word parts), identifying letters/sounds/words.
5. Handwriting-learn proper letter strokes, hand grip Writer's Workshop-Mini lesson on a specific skill, children work independently at their level of writing, independent and group conferences are conducted, then share time.
6.Read Aloud-Listen to stories, poems, nonfiction texts, identify print concepts, story structure, retelling a story.
7.Reader's Workshop-Mini lesson on a specific skill, children work independently at their level of reading, independent and group conferences are conducted, then share time.
8. Math Workshop-Mini lesson on a specific skill, children work independently at their level of math knowledge while small group instruction is conducted, then share time. Topics: numbers up to 100, counting on, compare place value, compare measureable attributes, compare categories, addition/subtraction, analyze and compare two/three dimensional shapes.
9. Lunch and Recess
10. Rest time/Guided Reading Groups-Individualized reading instruction tailored to meet the needs of each student. Groups are flexible.
11.Science/Social Studies/Projects-Friends/families, holidays, community, maps, weather & climate, pushes & pulls, plants & animals and their environment.
12.Play outside or inside
Pack-up, daily reflection, bus dismissal. "No! I want to stay at school. We always have so much fun! I can't wait until the next day of school!"