Mystery Skype Tools:
What is Mystery Skype?
Mystery Skype is an educational game, invented by teachers, played by two classrooms on Skype. The aim of the game is to guess the location of the other classroom by asking each other questions.
It's suitable for all age groups and can be used to teach subjects like geography, history, languages, mathematics and science.
Mystery Skype Teams
- Inquirers - Ask closed, geography based questions to the other class
- Question Keepers - Type already asked questions and answers into a word processing document
- Google Mappers - Use Google maps/other maps to zero in on location based upon the clues
- Runner - Problem solver for other students/Take relevant information from group to group
- Logical Reasoners - Use information to remove possible countries/states. They help narrow down the choices
- Photographer - Take pictures of the event