Springfield Township School District Goals
2019-20 School Year
District Goal #1: Reader’s Workshop Relaunch to refine the model inclusive of the architecture of the mini-lessons, guided reading, and small-group instruction, and analysis of student data.
- The superintendent and administrative team will develop a systematic action plan aimed at increasing student success in the content of Reading, which will be presented to the board by the November 2019 regular meeting.
- 100% of district instructional leadership staff and 100% of the kindergarten through Grade Six general education and special education teachers of Reading will engage in embedded professional development aligned with our “Reader’s Workshop Relaunch” initiative. By May 2020 data (dates and time spent on staff professional development) will be sent to board demonstrating staff participation.
- By May 2020, the district will present to the board with a minimum 3.5% growth in the number of students functioning at independent and instructional grade level as measured by the Fountas & Pinnell benchmark assessment system.
District Goal #2: Sustainable Jersey for Schools
- The superintendent and administrative team will develop a systematic action plan to lead the district in achieving Sustainable Jersey Certification. The Action plan will be presented to the board by the November 2019 regular meeting.
- The district will demonstrate its commitment to the responsible conservation of resources and environmental stewardship through the implementation of priority actions defined by the Sustainable Jersey for Schools coalition with a minimum of six actions completed and 150 points earned across the program’s defined categories. By May 2020 the Superintendent will present to the board the information demonstrating completion of such actions and earned points.
- By May 2020, 100% of the district’s staff will participate in professional growth opportunities related to Sustainable Jersey actions and certification with a Green Team being implemented to oversee and support the certification process. The Superintendent will send data (dates and time spent on staff professional development) to the board demonstrating staff participation.
Today is Saturday, November 16, 2019